dmraid failure/test cases [fc5-7]

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Fri Jul 6 16:27:10 UTC 2007

Sean Bruno wrote:
> <snip>
> Third, and the most annoying, was that I couldn't install a plain s/w
> raid configuration with 2 drives connected.  There was just no way to
> keep the system from assuming that I meant to use /dev/mapper/mapper0
> even after I ensured that the superblock metadata was wiped out with a
> quick call to 'dmraid -Er /dev/sdX' to be sure that it was really gone.
<snip>
> Sean

On my x86 box, I used the "nompath" parameter during install to prevent
/dev/mapper/mapper0 from being used and then could see all disks
properly, including pre-existing software raid arrays.  Seems that even
if you are not using the bios raid capability of a SATA setup, anaconda
thinks you want to.  Must be a way to check the bios to see if the setup
is for raid or not.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)