Amarok 2.0 - has anybody tried it?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at
Sat Jul 7 16:19:10 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 13:16 +0200, dragoran wrote:
>>> "Amarok 2.0 will require KDE4. Tarballs of KDE4 are periodically
>>> released, but the plan is to work off of KDE trunk. It is not known
>>> whether alpha1 works with Amarok 2.0 or not."
>> Yup, KDE4 packages are needed, but not all. I downloaded source for KDE4
>> and started compiling using this guide:
>> but I didn't succeed ;(
> Fedora is (still) missing a few needed deps... redland is one.
> quick-n-dirty srpms are available from:
I've tried building kdelibs from that directory but I get a ton of these

ERROR   0002: file '/opt/kde4/bin/ksvgtopng' contains an invalid rpath
'/usr/local/lib' in [/opt/kde4/lib:/usr/local/lib]

Is there any option I need to set in order to get past that? The compile
itself looks fine.