Fedora Rel-Eng Meeting Recap 2007-JUL-09

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Jul 9 20:16:53 UTC 2007

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2007-JUL-09

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Composes in the colo ==
  * downsides are that it will:
    1. probably take longer to complete the compose
    1. certainly take longer to get the compose into the hands of our
testing lab in Raleigh
    1. take longer to get onto the machines in Westford
  * other benefits most likely outweigh these issues.
  * f13 is ''single point of failure'' for doing composes--everything is
dependent on him

Decision: Releng will continue investigations into composing trees
within the colo; potentially composing Test1 there.

== Fedora Signing Server ==
  * f13 has not received any feedback since last meeting (some gave it
before the meeting)--moving proposal to the ReleaseEngineering/ space as
it's new home

== Open Discussion ==
  * jwb--have we documented the "you need to email rel-eng to get
packages in the buildroot" thing?
  * jeremy--sounds like something worth adding to the update doc.  feel
free to add :)
  * notting--we were going to switch that based on bodhi changes with an
alert for packages built against unpushed things
  * f13--but until we switch it, we need it documented somewhere. Once
bodhi can prevent an update from going out that was built against an
unreleased update, we can make the buildroot selfupdate.
  * jeremy--note that may need to be overridable, otherwise, I have a
_great_ way to keep security updates from being able to go out :)
  *f13--we do need to be able to override it.
Decision: No decision made