Please Read: Need help in replacing music in Fedora package

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:29:58 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello interweb. I need help. (This is going out to a few places, as to
> hopefully have it picked up)
>
> One of my Fedora packages (rocksndiamonds) has a slight problem. Turns
> out that some of its audio files are straight copies of music which was
> used without permission.

Is any of the music from the Red Hat Summit Compilation appropriate? I
know its CC licensed, but I'm not sure of the details as regard to
which CC clauses are riding on each song.  I guess you would need
share-alike and the derivative clauses.  Magnatunes has a
re-compilation of the songs to listen to. search for Red Hat Summit in
the magnatunes plugin for rhythmbox.

-jef