LICENSE: alliance ; VLSI CAD system

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 13 12:56:37 UTC 2007

On 7/13/07, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> By "copyrighted" do you mean they are under restrictive copyright
> licenses? If so, they should be removed.

I received a mail from upstream concerning those examples:

Hi Chitlesh,

Are you speaking about .ioc files ?

Those files are Input/Output placement file specification for all
given examples and of course they are NOT copyrighted by Cadence at
all.

May be it is just a copy/paste mistake of the header of a sample ioc
file given in Cadence tutorials (because we use their ASCII file
format like many other place & route tools).

So you can remove the line "Copyright (c) 1997 by Cadence. All rights
reserved." in all ioc files header, since it is not revelant.

Those file are manually written, and are not part of any Cadence product.

Regards,
Ludo

https://www-asim.lip6.fr/wws/arc/alliance-users/2007-07/msg00006.html

regards,