[rawhide X86_64] tg3 not loading for my NIC

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Sun Jul 15 18:33:46 UTC 2007

I attempted to install from the CD image and the USB image in today's
rawhide and tg3 isn't detecting my NIC for some strange reason.  I tried
to manually select it from the list of drivers and it did not detect my
card.

Here is an lspci -vv from F7:

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5751
Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 11)
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 814b
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
        Capabilities: [50] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [58] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+
Queue=0/3 Enable-
                Address: 201ea0d510045230  Data: 0a21
        Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint IRQ 0
                Device: Supported: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0,
ExtTag+
                Device: Latency L0s <4us, L1 unlimited
                Device: AtnBtn- AtnInd- PwrInd-
                Device: Errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal-
Unsupported-
                Device: RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
                Device: MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 4096 bytes
                Link: Supported Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s, Port
0
                Link: Latency L0s <4us, L1 <64us
                Link: ASPM Disabled RCB 64 bytes CommClk- ExtSynch-
                Link: Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x1