CD/DVD cataloging software

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Tue Jul 17 20:27:02 UTC 2007

alan wrote:
> How do you recognise individual discs?  By label? By hash of the entire
> disc?  Some other method?  That is the one problem I have not been able
> to solve in a quick manner.

I recognize the disk by the label printed on it :-)

I assign names to the disk sequentially, like
USERNAME001, USERNAME002, etc. So before burning
data for USERNAME I check the database for the
last number and add one.

The disk is labelled using the -V USERNAME001 option to mkisofs.

This means that the disk will be mounted as
/media/USERNAME001, and you'll see the label
as well when you insert the cd in a windows machine.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk