Web-Interface for packages in Fedora: repoview, repowatch, something else?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Jul 18 12:26:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

Fedorablog.de started a new service called "repowatch" as beta. It gives
 a repo overview as webpages (and rss feed as well) similar to that from
repoview. See
http://www.fedorablog.de/archives/309-Repowatch-gestartet.html
for announcement and
http://repowatch.fedorablog.de/
for the data.

That brought me to the question: what are our plans for a webinterface
for packages? We had repoview in the past for Core and Extras, but that
was dropped with the merge (likely due to "not much time, not
critical/not important enough). Will we get it back? Or will Fedora just
ignore the issue and leave that service to external groups? Or will the
package database help somewhat in this regard?

CU
thl