Fedora Feature Proposal: Yum Integration

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:41:19 UTC 2007

On 7/18/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> IIUC it would be "automatic" in that it launches say pirut to install
> the missing package, which would prompt you for your root password
> before continuing.

Technical question time...
how abstract can we realistically make this?  Are we talking about a
developer needing to make an explicit listing of packages or specific
provides  per application? Or is this something that can be abstracted
so that when a specific library isn't on the system some package
install dialog sequence gets fired off?

I'm guessing that abstraction really isn't possible here, and its
going to be a modest amount of work per tool to get the listings
accurate.

-jef