Fedora & Sound: an excercise in frustration

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Sat Jul 21 06:32:27 UTC 2007

> In all these rants, I didn't see any bugzilla reports. Have you filed
> any?

Yes, of course I did. But if you look closely at my rants, you will see
that this is not a simple bug, it's deep process problem that would get
lost in a series of meaningless bugs.

Take the sound problem. I did file a report. I was told to wait for the
next alsa update. I did. Then it worked. Then it didn't. What would be
the point of such reports if the same regression keeps coming back?

I can file a few bug reports, but it's completely irrational to expect
me to do the same thing over and over again at great pain for me when
the same bugs keeps being reintroduced. It's a waste of time on all
sides.

It's a process problem, having untold number of frustrated users flood
bugzilla with reports every update is not the answer. This is why I
believe this is a more appropriate forum. It is -devel after all...

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.