rawhide report: 20070727 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 12:46:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:34:23 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de> wrote:

> Poorly chosen tag names. It could not be more confusing. :(

Suggestions?

> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/tags
>
> The package is tagged with "dist-f8", but there's also "dist-rawhide"
> and "f8-test1", and the last sentence of DevelFreezePolicy says
>
>     Note that ignoring the freeze process can lead to your package not
>     getting tagged for the freeze tag, and thus not pushed to rawhide
> and the final release.
>
> and that inspite of a package being tagged "dist-f8".
>
> Then you, Jesse, announced the following:
>
>     We have frozen for Fedora 8 Test 1.  A "freeze" tag exists,
> 'f8-test1' that is a container for the packages that are destined to
> be in Test1 (and rawhide until test1 is fully composed and released
> to mirrors). ^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Uh? "and rawhide"? Apparently not.
>
> It's not my package. But I wonder why the EVR upgrade problems list
> gets longer?

So lets see, the package is tagged with 'dist-f8'.  I announced that
the freeze tag is 'f8-test1', and my mail states that if your package
doesn't get tagged with the freeze tag, it won't show up in the test
release, nor rawhide during the freeze.  Does 'dist-f8' == 'f8-test1' ?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora