Blog post about package management (aimed at fedora)

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 07:21:52 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 22:21 +0200, Alexander Boström wrote:
> fre 2007-07-27 klockan 11:31 -0400 skrev Jesse Keating:
>
> > OO wants to use that file, that file isn't installed, ask yum to
> > install that file.
>
> Maybe this would be a good way to allow bug-buddy to try to get the
> right debuginfo packages installed before generating the stack trace?

FWIW OOo debuginfo is about 450 megs, which is rather sucky to force to
download on a crash. And neither OOo or firefox are using bug-buddy. In
the case of OOo at least the crash info can be re-annotated offline back
to source lines, so we don't loose anything by having no debuginfo
installed. Though we don't get local variables etc with offline
annotation, but we don't have those with the current crash reporter
anyway.

C.