RPM roadmapping

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Jul 30 09:25:06 UTC 2007

Panu Matilainen wrote :

> [...] So: what have you always wanted to do
> with rpm, but wasn't able to? Or the other way around: what you always
> wished rpm would do for you? What always annoyed you out of your mind?

After reading some of the other posts, I remembered something that has
often come up, which I would use extensively if it existed :

Some automatic cache/copies of all %config files installed, with all
untouched versions always available. This would be very useful with
some simple tool to diff the current files(s) wit the backup(s), as
well as list all locally changed %config files. A sysadmin's dream come
true :-)

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.1-27.fc7
Load : 0.34 0.47 0.68