Web based interface for custom spins

seth vidal skvidal at linux.duke.edu
Sun Jun 10 16:54:37 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 08:44 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Is anyone looking into writing a web interface that can do custom spins
> using pungi and livecd-tools in the background? Revisor is useful as a
> graphical wrapper but it requires Fedora to be installed already.
>
> Having a web interface would allow anyone to select the package groups
> and individual packages and get a ISO image for download. I posted to
> fedora-infrastructure list before but we need a web app before talking
> about deploying it.

There are some folks working on revisor working on this. As well as some
interns working for someone at red hat. Jack knows about it, too. The
gist of how it will be is:

- web interface lets a user specify what they want in their distro.
- this information if submitted to a database or some other backend
- another set of machines build these distros/isos as they work through
the others in the queue.
- the backends update the database to tell the user where their isos are
available
- the user comes back to the web interface and is told where to go to
collect their isos.

that's the gist of it, really.

-sv