FESCo elections

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Thu Jun 21 07:35:28 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 02:33:18PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> The FPB also has community elected seats.

Indeed, and I think it is more here that political representation is.
Strangely, although I am on many fedora lists I didn't see anything
about this election (then I googled and saw the pages on the wiki).
On which list was it announced?

> I'm not sure what from the community you want to be represented, so
> without further examples I can't really say which board or committee
> should handle that.

In fact after a bit of thinking I am not sure that FESCo had more
political control before (contrary to what I said above). What has
changed (temporarily) is that FESCo lost a part of the engineering
control during the merge, with rel-eng becoming more important. But if I
recall well FESCo never had a political role, except for very minor
decisions. I wanted FESCo to have a political role, but it is not
reality, even the FESCo role about, say, static libs is technical and
not political.

So FESCo doesn't really represent the community, because it doesn't
really have a political role, but having the technical leaders elected
nevertheless means that the community is represented in the technical
decision body.

--
Pat