Jabber, JIngle, VoIP, telepathy - howto ?

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 23:49:23 UTC 2007

On 3/6/07, Anuj Verma (Kevin) <kevin.verma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am sorry to post this to devel list, but I guess this should better get
> some initial insight & help from developers for now.
>
> I will like to know how to get VoIP working on Fedora using Jabber
> clients supported by libjingle & telepathy ?
>
> Please provide some pointers to help me get started.

You can start here:
http://tapioca-voip.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Tapioca

I did get Tapiocaui installed on my FC6 system at one point way back
wehn but it wasn't working well so I removed it. I think client
development on Tapiocaui has switched over to Landell:
http://tapioca-voip.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Landell

and Tapioca remains the name for the lower level libraries.

Not sure if anyone is bundling up a yummable rpm for any of this though.

/Mike