RPATH status

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Mar 9 21:05:42 UTC 2007

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 09/03/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
>> rpmlint catches this, I'm sitll in favor of running rpmlint after a
>> build,
>> check the output against a whitelist of allowed output and if there is
>> any
>> output not in the whitelist, fail the build. We would need to
>> integrate the
>> same use of rpmlint in make <arch> from makefile.common then (or maybe
>> first).
>
> Fantastic proposal. An added benefit would be that would be one step
> closer to having part of the new package review process automated. If
> there was a build machine where new package SRPMS could be pushed to
> (perhaps even via a web interface)  which would then try to build the
> package inside mock, run rpmlint on resulting packages, and make
> avilable all logs and output (also perhaps via a web page), then
> package review pace would greatly increase, I suspect.

Okay,

I've taken a quick look at hacking this into Makefile.common, but I
think I'm not the right person todo this (I'm a C-programmer not a
script language one). Someone (Ville?) once wrote something about some
special way to feed a whitelist to rpmlint. Can anyone reproduce that
crucial piece of info?

Regards,

Hans