ipw3945/iwlwifi/iwl3945 users, please test latest davej kernels

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Tue May 8 14:03:39 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 09:03 -0400, John W. Linville wrote:
> If you are a rawhide user/tester and have ipw3945 hardware, please
> try the latest kernels here:
>
> 	http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/fc7/
>
> I am having mixed results with the latest iwl3945 updates, but I'm
> not sure if it is this particular laptop having problems or the driver
> in general.
>
> Please give the latest kernels a try and let me know how it is working
> for you.  Please also let me know what was the last kernel that worked
> any better for ipw3945 hardware than the current ones.
>
> At this point, I am quite uneasy about this driver.  It seems to work
> fine at times, then crash or simply refuse to associate at others.
> I am considering backing it out to the 0.0.16 tag or possibly even
> removing it (since the driver has _still_ not been posted upstream).
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
> --
> John W. Linville
> linville at redhat.com

The 3142 kernel seems to work better than any iwlwifi enabled kernel
I've tried so far. I've had it running for 15 minutes cruising the web
and it hasn't reassociated or spewed any errors to the log yet. It even
connected to my preferred AP when I logged in. It previously always
seemed to fail the first time.

I still get a hang at reboot or shutdown if I've logged in but I don't
know if that's related to iwlwifi or intel graphics drm being employed
by compiz.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |