Legality of Fedora in production environment

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Tue May 15 14:21:40 UTC 2007

Simo Sorce wrote:
> A Russian friend invloved with it just told me that ALT Linux is going
> to address the problem in this thread very soon. Maybe it could make
> sense coordinating with them and produce something that can be reused by
> other free software projects ?

Well, I know this team, I believe that they will try to do something.

But in general, there is an obvious case of the "conflict of interests".
Any Linux/Free-software related group
in my country usually has no sponsor support. Hence such a group is
compelled to earn money independently for the existence. Besides user
support, one of the business is the sale of "software boxes" (CDs of
free software, accompanied with some docs, licenses etc.). The last one
clashes with desire of the user to download something from the Internet
directly. :(

~buc