Package EVR problems in Fedora 2007-10-31

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 14:35:42 UTC 2007

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:29:17 -0400
"Douglas E. Warner" <silfreed at silfreed.net> wrote:

> So Roland would like to not spam the devel list when a package is
> sitting in updates-testing and has been pushed to stable by its
> maintainer?

Roland would not like to get the individual mail that is sent to each
maintainer.  It can remain on the list sent to the -devel list though.

> If a package is just sitting in updates-testing and hasn't been
> pushed, then I still see the email as valid since there is a broken
> upgrade path that needs maintainer attention.

That's just it.  It doesn't require maintainer attention anymore,
they've done their job.  It's now up to rel-eng to make the push
happen.  Spamming the maintainer doesn't do any good.

--
Jesse Keating