Package EVR problems in Fedora 2007-10-31

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 13:47:57 UTC 2007

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:37:12 +0100
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> > That's what the -n.fc7.1 versioning scheme is for.
> Wrong again. It's one (broken) way to approach this.
>
> If you really want to force release tags, better automatically assign
> them to packages (then YOU have full control over them), instead of
> trying to push people around with your personals visions,

We don't really care how you do your versioning, so long as your
upgrade paths work, and that you don't introduce an nevra on F7 that
won't upgrade to the nevra(s) on F8.  We ask that you don't manually
put in ".fc7" yourself and if you want it to use the dist tag instead,
but that's not mandatory.

--
Jesse Keating