Dropping Base X group? [Was: Re: KDE logout options with F8]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Nov 5 10:07:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 10:45:14AM +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 10:26:36 +0100, Patrice Dumas scripst:
> > Because I think that being upstream and the primary maintainer of a
> > package in fedora (or any distro) is not a very good idea.
>
> Moreover, you hope that your utility will be used by other distros,
> right? Then you will get peer review and feedback from your package
> maintaining colleagues.

Not if they don't contact me, and this doesn't change the issue. Conflict
of interest are better ruled if the last word is for the distro. And so
far halevt is not in any distro (that I know of). It was proposed to
debian but the submitter withdrawed his submission.

I have seen signs that show that a few people (at least 2) use it.

--
Pat