EPEL report week 44 2007

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Nov 5 17:29:45 UTC 2007

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Reports/Week44

Heads up: we didn't meet in recent weeks; we really should try to get a
proper meeting this Wednesday (e.g two days from now). If you are
interested in EPEL: come, join us!

----
= Weekly EPEL Summary =

Week 44/2007

== Most important happenings ==

 * Seems testing stable move went well; at least we only got one
complaint of a broken dep, which was fixed ;-)

 * Some discussions about redistributing EPEL binaries; see this thread:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-November/msg00005.html

 * EPEL will now only keep only one version of a packages in testing
(e.g. only the latest one and not one older one in addition, as done in
the proper repos); see
https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-November/msg00000.html

== Meeting ==

No meeting past week. Next meeting 20071107 at 17:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting

== Stats ==

=== General ===

Number of EPEL Contributors: 137

=== EPEL 5 ===

Number of source packages: 716

Number of binary packages:  1376

There are 10 new Packages:

 * cdpr | Cisco Discovery Protocol Analyzer
 * func | Remote config, monitoring, and management api
 * perl-LockFile-Simple | Simple file locking scheme
 * perl-Tk | Perl Graphical User Interface ToolKit
 * postgis | Geographic Information Systems Extensions to PostgreSQL
 * ruby-ldap | Ruby LDAP libraries
 * tre | POSIX compatible regexp library with approximate matching
 * unshield | Install InstallShield applications on a Pocket PC
 * wordpress | WordPress blogging software
 * wv2 | A library which allows access to Microsoft® Word files

=== EPEL 4 ===

Number of source packages: 440

Number of binary packages:  888

There are 6 new Packages:

 * func | Remote config, monitoring, and management api
 * perl-LockFile-Simple | Simple file locking scheme
 * perl-Tk | Perl Graphical User Interface ToolKit
 * ruby-ldap | Ruby LDAP libraries
 * unshield | Install InstallShield applications on a Pocket PC
 * wv2 | A library which allows access to Microsoft® Word files

----
["CategoryEPELReports"]