file system mount

Amitakhya Phukan aphukan at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 6 04:59:43 UTC 2007

David Zeuthen wrote:

> Rawhide only mounts fixed drives only when you login and only if you put
> in the root password and don't unclick the "Remember authorization"
> check box. Like this
>
>  http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/pk-gnome-mount.png
>
> so it's most likely your own doing. There's no good UI in Rawhide/F8 for
> doing it except 'polkit-grant --delete <username>' as the super user.
> For F9 there will be a GNOME UI for managing these authorizations as
> well as the defaults; work-in-progress looks like this
>
>  http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/polkit-gnome-authorizations.png
>
> but the UI is likely to change.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
>       David

hi david,

sorry for the late feedback.. i was out of office for sometime and hence
didn't access my mails.

> Rawhide only mounts fixed drives only when you login and only if you put
> in the root password and don't unclick the "Remember authorization"
> check box. Like this
>
>  http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/pk-gnome-mount.png
>
> so it's most likely your own doing.
no it was not my doing.. what i did was i pointed my repositories to a
local rawhide sync tree and then i did a yum -y update. i never have
seen the screen you have mentioned in the above URL. Moreover, I have
never logged in as root (well, except for su - )and I clearly have not
used the "Keep/Forget authorisation" thing since Fedora 1.I just wanted
to know what is doing this thing, and if it is a feature of rawhide
*only*, I don't have any problems..I can wait for the stable release of
F8..

btw, that again makes me think...what feature is enabled/disabled in
rawhide and stable release and why ??

just some thoughts..

regards,
amit.