Severe X breakage heads up

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Nov 6 15:00:11 UTC 2007

Le Mar 6 novembre 2007 15:29, Bernardo Innocenti a écrit :

> Also, I'm not sure if this is a good right time to do it, but
> we may benefit from switching to evdev for mice and keyboards,
> if only to put let that horrible /dev/input/mice and its
> emulated PS/2 protocol rest in peace :-)

+20

95% of the user-reported problems with evdev are due to the user
switching himself and failing to do it properly (because switching to
evdev requires setting an awful lot of xorg parameters to "evdev", and
if you forget to change one xorg won't fail cleanly but work in a
strange hybrid buggy PS/2+evdev input mode, and users will assume this
buggy mode is evdev itself).

Just switching to evdev can fix an awful lot of multimedia key problem
reports.

--
Nicolas Mailhot
Who finaly found the last evdev directive to add so up