Update form F7 to F8 freeze at 26%

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 20:05:05 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 11:45 AM, Frank Büttner <frank-buettner at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have try to update an F7 installation to F8, but at dependency check
> it freeze all ways at 26%.
> It happens in the text and gui mode.
> anaconda use 100% CPU and 97% of all memory.
>
> Idear how get out, what goes wrong?

For large upgrades, I've had more success using yum and updating selectively.

For instance, I might update Openoffice first (because it is large),
then update xorg packages (because there are lots of them and they're
not typically dependent on anything).  After some of the obvious
groups are out of the way I'll start updating all the a*, b*, c*
packages. Often I will leave gnome for the last because it can bring
in a lot of dependencies.

darrell