(It pains me to say) KDE and broken logout

Paul Michael Reilly pmr at pajato.com
Thu Nov 8 23:07:09 UTC 2007

First let it be known that I read every last character of the original
dreadful thread as a result of logout not working for me using the RC3
F8 bits (the live Fedora and KDE x86_64 spins).  And I've confirmed that
my issue is definitely not GDM vs KDM.

The behavior I see after installing the KDE spin is that logout works
perfectly after I login for the first time.  After the second and
subsequent logins I  get empty air (nothing happens) when I click on the
Logout menu item.

I'll try posting a bug report (again) after traffic on redhat.com
subsides.  Meanwhile, I've switched back to F7 since either no KDE or no
SUSPEND are both non-starters.  But I do intend to dust off another
laptop/desktop to install Rawhide and gather more information on the
problem.  To that end I'm open to suggestions for troubleshooting the issue.

-pmr