Codec Buddy misleading.

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 18:06:53 UTC 2007

Mark (markg85 at gmail.com) said:
> 1st:
> I have a official Windows Vista home premium (sadly!!.. came with my
> notebook) so in a way i've already payed for those patents. Now i want
> to play the same file on Linux and than you have to buy a license on
> it AGAIN!!?? Doesn't make any sense at all.

By that logic:

I have a DVD player in my bedroom, that I paid for the patents to play
DVDs. I then want to add a DVD player in my living room. I have to
buy a license for those patents AGAIN!!?? Doesn't make any sense at all.

No one ever said the rights you got with your Windows install were
transferable.

Bill