rpmbuild: unset CFLAGS & CXXFLAGS ?

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Fri Nov 9 18:21:46 UTC 2007

Dnia 2007-11-09, o godz. 23:09:05 "Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray"
<debarshi.ray at gmail.com> napisał(a):

> If a package, indeed, needed some custom value for CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS
> and FFLAGS, I believe that can be done through the spec file itself
> and the user's environment setting would not be required.
I build RPM-s locally from time to time (or more often) and I have to admit,
using environment variables has saved me hours of spec file editing. Imagine
recompiling more than one srpm, more than one time, with different options
(like benchmarking -Os vs -O2 or something). You can easily alias rpm to
always clear the environment, won't that solve your problem without
introducing new problems to other users? :)

Lam