linux1394 and f8

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 18:49:28 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 09:24:43AM -0600, Richi Plana wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 09:28 -0400, Doug McLain wrote:
>>> I am running 7.92, and I see that the new firewire stack is in place.
>>> There is a page at the linux1394 wiki that suggests that kernel
>>> packagers build the old stack into the kernel for the time being:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.linux1394.org/JujuMigration
>>>
>>> Any chance of this happenign for Fedora 8?
[...]
> Alternatively Fedora could ship a kernel with both modules and
> blacklist the old ones. So users would just need to adjust the
> blacklisting config and I would have less work to do :)

Yeah, in retrospect, we probably should have built both stacks and just
blacklisted the old one by default, and provided userspace bits
(basically just libraw1394) that could operate with both stacks...

That said, we're reasonably close to having ohci 1.0 controllers playing
nice w/the new stack. I just got back from lunch, diving back into the
code now, actually. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson at redhat.com