Bogus permissions on 8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/*.rpm

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Nov 10 03:08:55 UTC 2007

> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 03:58:02 +0100
> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > There seem to be several packages in 8/Everything/i386/os/Packages
> > which carry bogus permissions:
>
> This is known, a side-effect of an heavy handed bitflip.  While "bogus"
> does it /really/ cause any harm?
No, not really, but ... I would expect the fact RH/Fedora is shipping
*.rpms +x'ed will cause people think *rpms should be +x'ed?

Esp. WIN-users tend to think so, because they are used to using some
"self-installing packages" (InstallShield etc.).

So, no it's not a biggy, but it's also not nice.

>   Not to say that we won't "fix" this,
> we're just choosing to wait until things calm down a little bit before
> adding more churn.
;) Resyncing the mirrors?

Ralf