colordiff & "cvs diff -u" [Was: Re: When will be CVS replaced by modern version control system?]

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sun Nov 11 11:37:30 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 13:06 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Sunday 11 November 2007, Peter Gordon wrote:
> >
> > $ cvs diff -u branch-dir/ | colordiff | less -R
> >
> > Of course, this is very tedious to type
>
> /usr/bin/cdiff (in the colordiff package) would simplify that a bit :)

Er, thanks for the suggestion; but..

Unfortunately, it comes with no man/info page. If I try its --help
option, it shows me the help output for gzip (eh? O_o).

In amusing twist of irony, Google is not helpful either. (It gives me
results for the C. difficile toxin which is apparently a sign of very
bad gastrointestinal happenings...)

Where would I find appropriate documentation for this tool? I know I'm
missing something somewhere but it's 3:36 AM right now and my brain's
not entirely efficient. T_T

Thanks again!
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
  DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479