Firefox 3

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Nov 13 17:57:43 UTC 2007

Matsuura San,

MATSUURA Takanori writes:
> Hi all,
>
> Now I put my firefox-trunk (3.0b2pre now) package at
> http://t-matsuu.sakura.ne.jp/install-memo/fc/

I have been building from your srpms with excellent results--until very
recently. Beginning AFTER firefox-3.0a9pre-2007102116_trunk.fc7, I am
unable to rpmbuild either F-7 or F-8, including your srpm of the new FF3
Beta. I get:

error: line 1212: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_' or '/': - Initial RPM release.

error: Failed to find Provides:
    File listed twice: /usr/lib64/firefox-3.0b2pre/updater.ini
    line 1212: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_' or '/': - Initial RPM release.

    Failed to find Provides:
    line 1212: Dependency tokens must begin with alpha-numeric, '_' or '/': - Initial RPM release.

    Failed to find Provides:Release: 2%{?dist}spk

Since 1212 is actually the eof of the .spec, I suspect some other subtle
problem that I have not been able to identify.

PS: Thank you again for making these srpms available over the past
months. They have been very helpful.

Janina