Plan for tomorrows (20071114) FESCO meeting

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Nov 15 03:18:27 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> Why?
>>
>> Because people have sent things to the list with the expectation that
>> it's not a public list.  Opening up the archives therefore exposes
>> those mails to the world against the expectations of the people who
>> sent mail.
>
> I did not ask for the archives in the past to be opened up but for it to
> be open from now on. The list itself seems to be hidden as I can't find
> it and it isn't listed anywhere that I am aware of.

Opening them up from now on would basically require either
a) nuking the archives that already exist (which may or may not be doable)
b) creating a whole new list

It's just not worth the pain when the only things the list is really
used for are regrets about missing the meeting and wiki watch on the
schedule page

Jeremy