Dependency Check on F-8 Upgrade Painfully Slow

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Nov 15 16:22:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 11:17:02AM -0500, Mark Bidewell wrote:
> I don't know if this is related but yum-updatesd and pup in F7/F8 tend to
> take forever (if ever) on check dependencies as well.  I know this is not a
> repo issue as doing yum update does not exhibit this behavior.
>
> I have taken to disabling yum-updatesd and just using yum.

I've noticed that as well.  yum-updatesd would be there churning in
the background for what seemed like forever.  If I kill it and just
yum "yum update" it goes much faster.

Does the background yum-updatesd intentionally download very slowly so
it doesn't take up the whole pipe?