Review queue/FESCo after the merge

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Nov 15 17:44:41 UTC 2007

On 15.11.2007 09:44, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 23:18 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [...]
>> With getting fixed I'm not sure how to get that fixed exactly; maybe
>> work work more towards a Meritocracy-like way and lessen the influence
>> of the committees we have?
> What are you aiming at? [...]

If somebody (member of a committee or not) wants to do something let him
announce his plans and let him simply realize it if nobody yells loudly
(nobody could be an individual or a coordinating committee like FESCo or
FPC).

Example: take a look at the problem that I raised in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2007-September/msg00060.html

The solution I proposed wasn't the best one (see later in the
discussion). But it could be a better solution for older releases; and
the proper solution for the problem was found in that thread as well.

I would have adjusted that the guidelines myself -- but that it not
wanted afaics and even prevented by ACLs in the Packaging/ space in the
wiki.

Thus I have to wait for the FPC to take care of it. Which it didn't do
until now. Sure, I could have tried harder -- but I wasn't much more
interested in dealing with the bureaucracy, so I ignored it. Which is
exatly the problem in Fedora-land: we have to much buerogracy and most
contributors don't want to deal with it, thus they leave the work to the
committee#s instead of helping them to do their work)

Similar problem (also not earth-shaking and a corner-case as well), also
still unfixed:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2007-August/msg00092.html

Cu
knurd