System-Config-Firewall, Bluetooth, etc...

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at hi.is
Fri Nov 16 01:50:43 UTC 2007

> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 22:24 +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> <snip>
>> Given the how the noob user reacted to selinux alerts "how do I make
>> this
>> go away?" followed by "ok now you showed me how to make it go away, what
>> does this all mean?" which I could not get them to understand, followed
>> by
>> "how do I know if my computer got "infected" or "compromised?" with no
>> better answer from me other than you dont!" followed by is not then best
>> if i just turn this of since I dont understand what the "system" is
>> warning me about?
>
> I think that whole paragraph is one sentence. I didn't get any of that.

Yes yes.. I see it now :)

If only English where my native language
or maybe not..

Not that my bad English solves the problem ahead..

Any who im out of ideas regarding this issue..

Yes the alerts could be much more noob userfriendly..

Putting a *next/allow/fix* button beats the purpose of using selinux
because the user would always push *next/allow/fix*
hence it could just as well be disabled now..

Does any one know how Redhat-Desktop support module is going to be..

1000 people on phone support *hint* *hint*...

Take 2...

Given how the noob user reacted to selinux alerts..

"How do I make this go away?"

Followed by..

"Ok now you showed me how to make it go away, what does all this mean?"..

Which I could not get them to understand...

Followed by..

"how do I know if my computer got "infected" or "compromised?"

With no better answer from me other than you dont!

followed by...

Is not then best if i just turn his off since I dont understand what the
"system" is warning me about?

Best regards..
         Johann B.