are you (fedora devels) using fluendo codecs?

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Fri Nov 16 19:57:17 UTC 2007

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:47:58 +0000
> Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > > Ok, fine, s/compiler/library/.  Are you really going to tell me that
> > > it's impossible to build the mp3 library (and others) without using
> > > closed source software?
> >
> > It is extremely incovenient, as you need to reimplement, and
> > reoptimise large portions of code.
>
> Yeah, this makes me like our involvement with Fluendo even more...

Come on, people. Fluendo have constraints just like Fedora and Red Hat
have theirs. How about we concentrate on what we can do to make things
work instead of what we can't? Above all, let's not take things
personally (even though for some, it's their personal time and not their
professional time that they're contributing here).

Fluendo: any timeframe on a fix?
--

Richi Plana