Suggestions for F9

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 12:33:29 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 07:53 +0000, Keith Sharp wrote:

> I agree that a CalDAV compliant calendaring server would be a great
> addition to Fedora, but is the Darwin Calendar Server the best one to
> focus attention on?  As far as I am aware there are at least three other
> servers we could consider:
>
> 	http://www.bedework.org/bedework/
> 	http://chandlerproject.org/
> 	http://rscds.sourceforge.net/
>
> I am not following development of any of these, so I cannot comment on
> which would be best for Fedora, but it would be worth doing a review
> before focusing on one implementation.
>
> Keith.

Keith,

I had seen these before. I do not think I want chandler or rscds. The
later doesn't fully implement the protocol yet. It may never do so.
Chandler seems much too heavy.

Bedework may be a win. It may actually be better than Darwin Calendar
(which is what I suggested).

Anyone have any ideas on which would be best?

Trever

--
"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans." --
John Lennon