gd static library

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Nov 19 16:15:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 04:09:16PM +0100, Ivana Varekova wrote:
> Hello,
> is there any package which uses gd static library libgd.a? I want to remove

No package in fedora should link against libgd.a. It may be useful
for in-house code that produces images, for example, and want to be
portable, see for example the controversial text I put here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PatriceDumas

In my opinion you could remove the static lib, and you should add it
back in a -static subpackage if somebody asks for it. Or just put it in
a static subpackage right now.

--
Pat