System-config Reworking Proposal

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 20 13:39:42 UTC 2007

Lubomir Kundrak wrote:

> I'm not saying we are. It was just a good friendly advise. Other
> question would be -- why use it? Only use that can't be replaced by
> other existing (and better) tools is to give untrusted users access to
> privileged tools that weren't designed in security with mind.

If it was advise, it didn't sound quite like it. There are several
hundreds of thousands of users using sudo regularly. Our tools should
work with them regardless of whatever imperfections you perceive with
using sudo. Having said that, if you have better alternatives to
suggest, then it would make it a more complete advise.

Rahul