InstantMirror initial source repo

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 05:53:19 UTC 2007

bzr branch http://fedorapeople.org/~wtogami/temp/InstantMirror/
It will be located here until the official hosted repository is created.

cd InstantMirror
./mkdist --force
rpmbuild -ta /tmp/InstantMirror-0.1.tar.bz2
rpm -ivh /path/to/InstantMirror-0.1.noarch.rpm
vim /etc/httpd/conf.d/InstantMirror.conf
service httpd restart (will probably fail due to SELinux denial)

Unfortunately, I discovered that the ApacheMirror.py (renamed
InstantMirror.py in this repo) has a critical bug that makes it unusable
in current form.  From the TODO file:

BUGS TO FIX TO MAKE IT ACTUALLY WORK
- wget --server-response http://PATH/TO/LARGE/FILE
   It constantly redirects over and over again rather than waiting.
   FILE.tmp never gets larger than 8192 or 16384 bytes.
- We MUST find a way so the client can begin downloading the file while
the mirror downloads the file.  Any other reverse proxy server would
allow this.  This might be difficult to implement (perhaps impossible
with mod_python?) but this might be the only sane way to fix the
previous problem.
- Even if apache:apache owns DocumentRoot, SELinux denies by default.
   Need sane solution.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com