Changing the rpm default queryformat to include arch

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Nov 21 08:49:26 UTC 2007

To put it shortly, I going to switch the default rpm queryformat to
include package architecture (ie what you get now with
rpm -q --qf "%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}\n") in a few days or
so.

This is something that should've been done several releases ago really,
but since it presumably breaks all sorts of scripts people have it's
gotten delayed and delayed... The next major rpm.org release changes the
default anyway, this is just an initial step to see what breaks.

If you know the change would break some of the buildsystem / other
critical Fedora infrastructure, please holler NOW! I can delay the change
a bit to allow critical pieces to be fixed first, but F9 *will* have the
new queryformat so better prepare for it...

Fixing any scripts that absolutely rely on the old default is trivial:
just them use explicit --qf "%{name}-%{version}-%{release}"

 	- Panu -