Support TV on Fedora - Proposal for Fedora 9

King InuYasha ngompa13 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 11:58:28 UTC 2007

With Elisa in the repository, this might actually be possible. Xorg has had
the ATI Theater 200 chip support for quite some time AFAIK, and the Theater
200 chip is used in ATI eHomeWonder and ATI TV Wonder 200 PCI. Both of these
cards are quite popular with PC manufacturers. Also, the ATI All-in-Wonder
2006 AGP Edition uses the Theater 200 chip, along with a Radeon 9600
graphics module, which I believe is supported currently with 3D and compiz
stuff. Since Elisa uses GStreamer, and since it might be necessary for MPEG2
support, we can refer to fluendo (not the most ideal solution, but meh) for
the MPEG2 decoder packs for TV to work.