Heads up: openldap rebase for Fedora/devel

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 09:16:41 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> If most apps build fine against the new openldap, please do not provide
> a compat-openldap package.  If there is huge API breakage then we need
> to discuss the possibility of a compat-* package.

The old compat- package providing 2.2.x libraries survived from FC5 to
F8, I just wanted to continue with the tradition :). I will remove it
when everything works with openldap-2.4.

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule
> You are being far too cautious about breaking things in rawhide,
> especially this far before the Alpha1 development freeze.
 >
> Please build yourself the new openldap locally in mock, and test for
> yourself whether every package rebuilds cleanly against the new version
> within mock.

Compilation of big desktop things like kdebase and evolution is
something I want to avoid on my machine, even in mock. That's why I
asked appropriate maintainers to do so. Unfortunately koji does not
provide chain-build with --scratch option :(.

> If the dependent package rebuild testing shows few problems, go ahead
> with upgrading the version even before December.  The sooner during this
> rawhide cycle the better, to stabilize before Alpha1.

Of course, I will release it as soon as I am sure I do not seriously
break anything.

Jan