Disabling readahead

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 11:32:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have readahead currently running on my test rig (x86_64, rawhide), but it's
currently giving me all sorts of problems, so much so that the box is pretty
unusable (random hangs abound and hugely varied times to getting the desktop
to boot - I've tried to file BZ reports, but the machine dies before I can).

I've read that readahead is currently broken in rawhide. Normally, my machine
boots directly to runlevel 5. Can I alter on the kernel boot line for it jump
to level 3? I can then disable the readahead service.

TIA

TTFN

Paul

P.S. This is holding up getting mono-1.2.6 and other packages into rawhide.