NetworkManager-umts

Randy Wyatt rwwyatt01 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:36:57 UTC 2007

.
> Also you can set the default APN in the phone, typically.

Yes,  as specified in 27.007 for GSM/UMTS cards, the command to do so is
AT+CGDCONT=cid,"PDPtype","APN name"

cid can range from 1 to 16 on most cards.

> Favourite failure mode of GPRS not working in Linux btw, having a 10.x.x.x
> network on eth0, pppd wants to use 10.6.6.6 as the remote end (doesn't
> really matter what it is) -> fail, and very hard to figure
> out why it doesn't work.

Does your network support WINS/NetBIOS ?  I have seen this problem with
10.11.12.13 and 10.11.12.14 being hardcoded in Qualcomm based chipsets,  and
this is an NV item that can be changed .