alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 16:44:52 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 28 November 2007 09:28:34 Jesse Keating wrote:
> > What do we do about that? This is the current status of kdepim in
> > both F7 & 8.
>
> This again falls under the Maintainer's discretion.  They can choose to
> backport a specific fix as a patch,

Which is what I would have done had it been my package.

> or pick up a CVS snapshot and run with it, in order to fix the bug(s) in
> question.

This should not be allowed in a stable distribution for a critical package
like a working email client. I lost all email capability and had to move to
new machine and not have access to any emails I previously sent or had stored
as drafts and lost my contacts list. This impacted my work at Red Hat.

-Steve