alpha/beta software in Fedora 8?

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 10:42:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 11:12:37AM +0100, Christopher Aillon wrote:

> If we want to empower maintainers to be able to MAKE (good) decisions, we
> MUST give them some guidelines.  Making decisions is the reason WHY we have
> maintainers.  Else, we could just script blindly following upstream.  And
> THAT would be real hell.

First We have to tell to maintainers of crucial packages that their
packages are crucial (may be funny I'm saying that :) ). This is far
more better than writting guidelines. Of course guidelines is good but
I think it's impossible use same guidelines on desktop field and
server field.

Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.