Heads up: openssl and gnutls rebase in rawhide

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 15:19:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 13:45 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 02:40:20PM +0100, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> > I have decided to complete the dependency breakage which will be caused
> > by the openldap update because many packages which depend on openldap
> > libraries depend also on OpenSSL or GNUTLS. So to spare a few rebuild
> > cycles I will do openssl and gnutls rebase in sync. There should not be
> > any API changes so simple rebuild will be sufficient.
>
> Will there be an ABI / SONAME change for gnutls which /mandates/ a rebuild
> of apps using it, or is it merely a suggested rebuild for sanity checks ?
I have expected there will be some ABI breakage but actually after
recompiling it and looking at the headers there are only additions so
there is no urgent need to rebuild packages depending just on gnutls.
There are of course some API changes - additions and using type aliases,
but they should break compilation of existing apps.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb